The junior explorer said it has hired AMC Consultants (Canada) and Ausenco Engineering Canada to produce the document concerning the 6,594 hectare asset, which boasts excellent local infrastructure and is an epithermal polymetallic carbonate-replacement deposit.
The deposit has a known strike length of 1.4 kilometres (km) and mineralization is present from surface to a depth of about 100 metres (m). Small scale production from surface pits and underground occurred in the early part of the 20th century, for a total of around 500,000 tonnes.
According to a 2018 JORC survey, the deposit contains 98 million ounces of measured and indicated silver, plus 28 million ounces of silver in the inferred category. It also boasts 624 million pounds of copper measured and indicated, and an additional 147 million pounds inferred.
Aftermath said it expects to have the NI 43-101 report filed on or before October 25 this year after it has relied on extension regulations provided by Canadian Securities Administrators, which were deployed due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The group also confirmed that since filing its interim consolidated financial statements for the period to February 29, 2020, there have been no material business developments other than those that have been publicly disclosed through news releases.
Aftermath Silver currently owns 80% of the Cachinal silver-gold project in Chile, with an option to acquire the remaining 20% from SSR Mining. It also has an option to acquire a 100% interest in the Challacollo silver-gold project near Iquique, in Chile.
Contact the author at email@example.com