BT Group PLC - BT PROVIDES PRO FORMA KPI DISCLOSURES
BT PROVIDES UPDATED PRO FORMA KPI DISCLOSURES FOR ENTERPRISE AND OPENREACH
· Historical pro forma financial and operational key performance indicators (KPIs) for 2018/19 and 2019/20 published in a new reporting structure which will apply from Q1 2020/21
· Updated pro forma information reflects the reorganisation of Ventures in Enterprise and additional disclosure of Single Order products in
· Updated pro forma KPIs support BT's continued efforts to simplify disclosures and support improved understanding of Group performance
· BT's reported Group financials are unchanged
Reorganisation of Ventures in Enterprise
Following the divestment of
The remaining Ventures businesses, which include Redcare, Phone Book, StreetHub and Payphones, have been retained within Enterprise and will be reported in 'Other' revenue. A single EBITDA figure will be reported for Enterprise with the contribution from Ventures businesses no longer separately disclosed.
Supply Chain and Pelipod, which serve several parts of BT, have been transferred to the central Procurement team and as a result will now be reported in Group 'Other' financial and operational KPIs. As a Group function, internal revenues generated by Supply Chain and Pelipod are now accounted for as cost recoveries, rather than internal revenue leading to lower Enterprise internal revenue and Group eliminations as a result of this transfer.
The updated pro forma does not reflect adjustments for
Increased disclosure of Single Order access products in
As part of BT's plans to switch off the decades-old, analogue Public Switched Telephony Network (PSTN) network in 2025 in order to move to digital All-IP networks,
Types of Single Order product:
· Single Order Transitional Access Product (SOTAP) delivers a copper path between the end customer's premises and the communication providers' (CPs') exchange infrastructure, over which the CP can provide copper broadband and IP voice services. It can be used for end customers in areas with no FTTC or FTTP availability.
· Single Order Generic Ethernet Access FTTC (SOGEA) offers similar connectivity to FTTC without the need for an underlying copper voice product such as Wholesale Line Rental (WLR) or Local Loop Unbundling (LLU). Instead, the IP voice service is carried over the fibre to the cabinet (and copper from the cabinet to premises), along with the data. Both SOGEA FTTC and FTTC offer superfast broadband speeds.
· Single Order GEA Gfast (SOGfast) is the Gfast equivalent of
Single Order product revenues and volumes have previously been disclosed within
To make it easy to understand these changes BT has also published three additional documents:
· Document A: Pro forma KPIs for BT reflecting the impact of the changes made in Enterprise and
o Changes from the previously reported KPIs which are explained in the accompanying 'Document B: Pro forma KPIs supporting information' have been highlighted in purple.
o Changes from the previously reported KPIs which are not explained in the accompanying 'Document B: Pro forma KPIs supporting information' have been highlighted in pink.
· Document B: Pro forma KPIs supporting information - a document that provides a bridge for the financial KPIs from BT's previously reported KPIs to Document A
· Document C: Openreach Single Order products supporting information - a document explaining Single Order products
These documents are provided on BT's website: Results, events and financial calendar
Pro forma KPIs are unaudited and provide an indicative history of the company's performance.
For further information:
BT's purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. It is one of the world's leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in 180 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband, TV and internet products and services; and converged fixed-mobile products and services. BT consists of four customer-facing units: Consumer, Enterprise, Global and
For the year ended
For more information, visit www.btplc.com/about
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: BT Group PLC
Market Cap: £10.3 billion
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE