Financial RepCouncil - Mitie Group plc
Investigation opened into the audit of the financial statements of
An investigation into the audit by
The investigation, carried out under the FRC's Audit Enforcement Procedure, will look at whether there have been any breaches of Relevant Requirements in relation to the Statutory Audits of the consolidated financial statements of
Notes to editors:
2. To meet its responsibility as the competent authority in respect of audit enforcement, the FRC operates the Audit Enforcement Procedure. This procedure applies to the investigation and sanctioning of breaches of the various requirements of the statutory auditors of Public Interest Entities (PIEs) and any other cases retained by the FRC including AIM companies with a market capitalisation in excess of
• Initial case examination and decision to investigate
• Decision by Executive Counsel as to whether to issue a Decision Notice (a notice with the findings and recommended sanction);
• Referral to Enforcement Committee and decision by the Enforcement Committee whether to issue a Decision Notice ; and
• Referral to a Tribunal.
In order for a matter to be referred for investigation by the FRC's Executive Counsel under the Audit Enforcement Procedure, the FRC's Conduct Committee is required to decide whether there is good reason to investigate an Allegation in relation to a Statutory Auditor and/or a Statutory Audit Firm.
Investigations are conducted by Executive Counsel and the Enforcement division.
3. All Press enquiries should be directed to:
• Peter Timberlake, Head of Communications, on telephone: 020 7492 2397/ 07768 502332, or email: [email protected].
• Rita Carolan, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2307/ 07428 149096 or email: [email protected].
• Alana Sinnen, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2395/ 07949 005526 or email: [email protected].
This information is provided by RNS
Quick facts: MITIE Group PLC
Market Cap: £315.08 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE