Mojave Jane Brands Inc (CSE:JANE) (OTC:HHPHF) is entering the market for cannabis-infused beverages after signing a manufacturing license agreement with Vancouver-based HAI Beverages Inc.
The cannabis company said the agreement allows it to exclusively license HAI’s proprietary technology for the solubility and bioavailability of THC and CBD components in the State of California.
The firm said it will use this technology in the formation process of flavorless distillates and concentrates produced specifically for non-alcoholic beverage products as a micro-dosage offering.
Mojave Jane pointed out the advantages of HAI’s proprietary technology are that it:
- Allows the body to absorb THC and CBD components immediately, producing desired effects in a matter of minutes and enabling a much better control of dosages both for wellness and recreational purposes
- Enables precise and predictable dosages
- While producing a similar effect as an alcoholic beverage, a 12 oz micro-dosed drink, for example, can be enjoyed without negative side effects such as feeling hungover, causing liver damage, ingesting empty calories or remain in the system for extended periods at a time.
- Neutral in taste for versatile applications
- Bio-available concentrates in CBD or THC formulation
Big step in cannabis products evolution
Commenting on the agreement, Mojave Jane’s CEO Gary Latham said: “While this is a big step in the evolution of cannabis products for recreational and wellness consumers, it is an even bigger move for Mojave Jane as we now enter California’s massive beverage market.
“The license also allows us to produce an ‘additive’ that can be marketed to other beverage producers, expanding this opportunity to the State’s even larger adult beverage market.”
Latham added: “We truly recognize this Agreement with HAI as an ideal match: The flexibility of HAI’s technology lets us manufacture products that create custom effects catering to the specific needs of various consumer demographics.
“From HAI’s perspective, they gain access to the California cannabis and adult beverage market since ingestible CBD and THC products based on their technology can only be produced in a licensed cannabis manufacturing facility like ours. I am looking forward to working with the HAI team on the integration process and as we explore the enormous potential of this opportunity together.”
Bruce Clark, CEO of HAI Beverages commented: "The move from alcohol to cannabis as the active ingredient is the most significant innovation to the adult beverage industry in a generation. We are pleased to partner with the team at Mojave Jane to commercialize our technology and business processes in the California market.
“Mojave Jane has built an excellent platform to support commercialization of technologies such as ours as the beverage industry moves to provide healthier alternatives to consumers.”
Contact the author at [email protected]