leadf
logo-loader
viewArkle Resources PLC

Arkle Resources focused on two fronts in Ireland

Snapshot

  • Arkle owns stakes in various exploration projects in Ireland
  • Its two main zinc projects are joint ventures: Stonepark with Group Eleven and Oldcastle with Teck Resources
  • Stonepark, the largest undeveloped zinc deposit in Ireland, recently attracted investment from mining giant Glencore
  • Two gold projects are at Mine River in Wicklow/Wexford, and Inishowen in Donegal
Dalradian Resources - Arkle Resources focused on two fronts in Ireland

Quick facts: Arkle Resources PLC

Price: 1.3 GBX

AIM:ARK
Market: AIM
Market Cap: £3.78 m
Follow

What it owns

Zinc

Stonepark  - Arkle Resources owns 23.44% of the Stonepark Zinc Project.

Toronto-listed partner Group Eleven Resources Corp (CVE:ZNG) has defined a maiden Independent NI43-101 Inferred Resource of 5.1 Mt grading 11.3% combined zinc and lead, making it the second largest undeveloped zinc and lead Resource in Ireland after Glencore’s Pallas Green.

Stonepark lies to the west adjacent to Pallas Green, but at shallower depths.

Oldcastle - Arkle has a joint venture with Teck Ireland at Oldcastle in counties Cavan and Meath. Teck has earned in 75%, Arkle owns the remaining 25%.

Derrykearn - The Derrykearn Project consists of five licences in total, five contiguous licences in County Laois.

Ladyswell - Two contiguous licences, PL4504 and PL4505, in West Cork, south of Clonakilty.

Gold

Mine River - Arkle holds a block of eight licences (340 sq km) that cover an area of known gold mineralisation which extends along a trend of some 15 kilometres.

Further work to develop the existing gold targets is ongoing and fieldwork re-commenced in 2019.

Inishowen - The Inishowen gold project is located in County Donegal, Ireland.

These licences are considered by Arkle Resources to be highly prospective for mesothermal gold mineralisation similar to that found at the Curraghinalt Project developed by Dalradian Resources.

Arkle Resources is the first company to drill for gold in the area.

In September, Arkle announced a new gold target at Inishowen between the Meeneragh gold discovery drill site and the historic Glentogher lead-silver mine.

 

What's the latest?

Arkle raised £250,000 in May to keep it going, as the coronavirus crisis continued.

The company subsequently turned in a loss of €220,000 for the six months to June 2020.

The company closed out the period with €252,000 in cash. However, a further £600,000 was raised in August, covering expenses for the next 18 months.

From the chairman, John Teeling

“The lifeblood of a mineral exploration company is exploration,” said chairman John Teeling.

“Currently we are drilling our zinc discovery in Stonepark, Limerick, completing a tightly spaced soil sampling programme on our Glentogher gold licence in Donegal and preparing to trench our Mine River gold licences in Wicklow after completing an extensive soil sampling programme and analysing the results.”

 

 

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

In exchange for publishing services rendered by the Company on behalf of Arkle Resources PLC named herein, including the promotion by the Company of Arkle Resources PLC in any Content on the Site, the Company...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Arkle Resources CEO highlights 'Ireland open for business' and updates on...

Arkle Resources (LON:ARK) CEO Patrick Cullen caught up with Proactive's Andrew Scott while at PDAC 2020 in Toronto. Cullen gave a presentation on why and how Ireland is open for business plus he updates on where they're at as far as the strategic review on its Stonepark project.

on 4/3/20

2 min read