logo-loader
viewArkle Resources PLC

Arkle Resources focused on two fronts in Ireland

Snapshot

  • Arkle owns stakes in various exploration projects in Ireland
  • Its two main zinc projects are joint ventures: Stonepark with Group Eleven and Oldcastle with Teck Resources
  • Stonepark, the largest undeveloped zinc deposit in Ireland, recently attracted investment from mining giant Glencore
  • Two gold projects are at Mine River in Wicklow/Wexford, and Inishowen in Donegal
Dalradian Resources - Arkle Resources focused on two fronts in Ireland

Quick facts: Arkle Resources PLC

Price: 1.35 GBX

AIM:ARK
Market: AIM
Market Cap: £1.79 m
Follow

What it owns

Zinc

Stonepark  - Arkle Resources owns 23.44% of the Stonepark Zinc Project.

Toronto-listed partner Group Eleven Resources Corp (CVE:ZNG) has defined a maiden Independent NI43-101 Inferred Resource of 5.1 Mt grading 11.3% combined zinc and lead, making it the second largest undeveloped zinc and lead Resource in Ireland after Glencore’s Pallas Green.

Stonepark lies to the west adjacent to Pallas Green, but at shallower depths.

Oldcastle - Arkle has a joint venture with Teck Ireland at Oldcastle in counties Cavan and Meath. Teck has earned in 75%, Arkle owns the remaining 25%.

Derrykearn - The Derrykearn Project consists of five licences in total, five contiguous licences in County Laois.

Ladyswell - Two contiguous licences, PL4504 and PL4505, in West Cork, south of Clonakilty.

Gold

Mine River - Arkle holds a block of eight licences (340 sq km) that cover an area of known gold mineralisation which extends along a trend of some 15 kilometres.

Further work to develop the existing gold targets is ongoing and fieldwork re-commenced in 2019.

Inishowen - The Inishowen gold project is located in County Donegal, Ireland.

These licences are considered by Arkle Resources to be highly prospective for mesothermal gold mineralisation similar to that found at the Curraghinalt Project developed by Dalradian Resources.

Arkle Resources is the first company to drill for gold in the area.

In September, Arkle announced a new gold target at Inishowen between the Meeneragh gold discovery drill site and the historic Glentogher lead-silver mine.

 

Project developments

In October, Stonepark project partner Group Eleven attracted a C$1mln equity investment from FTSE 100 giant Glencore PLC (LON:GLEN), which is operating nearby.

Arkle said in November that it has begun a formal strategic review to examine options for its Stonepark stake.

The company noted that, in addition to its share of the project, it also holds offtake rights on 23.44% of any production and in the event of a sale by Group Eleven, Arkle holds equivalent pre-emption rights. 

After original Stonepark partners Teck sold their majority stake, the company elected to maintain its share and contribute accordingly, but with zinc prices remaining well above the $2,000 per tonne range and industry interest in the asset, Arkle's board said it was "an excellent time to review that decision".

 

What the boss says: Patrick Cullen, chief executive

“There is significant interest in the Stonepark zinc project, we believe because of the high grade and relatively shallow position of the established Inferred Resource and its strategic location adjacent to the far larger Pallas Green zinc-lead deposit,” Cullen said in November.

He pointed to the “significant upside potential for a major discovery” along the Pallas Green corridor in line with the model proposed by Group Eleven, with the southern part sparsely explored but recent drilling revealing the potential for further discovery.

“Newly reviewed airborne geophysical is assisting in refining the new targets as well as revealing newly prospective features in this area of the Stonepark block,” Cullen said.

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

In exchange for publishing services rendered by the Company on behalf of Arkle Resources PLC named herein, including the promotion by the Company of Arkle Resources PLC in any Content on the Site, the Company...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Watch

Glencore's investment into Group Eleven 'a mark of confidence in the future...

Mining Capital's Alastair Ford discusses the recent investment by global miner Glencore (LON:GLEN) into Group Eleven Resources Corp (CVE:ZNG) (OTCMKTS:GRLVF). They're backing the exploration company to the tune of C$1 million. Vancouver-based Group Eleven is advancing the Stonepark zinc...

1 month ago

3 min read