Weekend Unlimited Inc (CSE:POT) (OTCMKTS:WKULF), the recreational cannabis group, revealed Friday it was accelerating the launch of its branded edibles in the state of Oklahoma due to demand and reassured over the safety of its WKND! branded products amid fears of lung-related illnesses.
The firm's edible line is to include three products containing 2.5mg, 5mg and 25mg of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) - a thin chocolate bar with salt sprinkles, gummies and hard candies, the firm said in a statement.
The development team is also working on an almond bar for a future launch, the firm added.
"Our sales team is getting a tremendous response from retailers in Oklahoma as we introduce the Company's branded product line overall," said Chris Backus, Weekend Unlimited's president and chief executive.
"Our line of chocolates, gummies and hard candies is getting an especially strong reception. We believe that demand for edibles is increasing due to the overall product innovations and also as a result of the media attention regarding e-cigarettes."
Noting the rise of possible lung-related illnesses associated with the use of e-cigarettes, the firm also used today's announcement to provide information as to the safety and quality of its WKND! branded vape products. It stated:
- Its WKND! branded vape products contain no vitamin E acetate, vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol, it said, and each batch of concentrate is tested for heavy metals, pesticides, potency and foreign materials;
- The vape products do not contain any artificial additives including vitamin E Acetate, propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin or artificial flavoring;
- WKND! branded vape product's hardware is made with the highest quality micro-porous glass, regarded to be the cleanest type of cartridge, soon to be patented;
- WKND! branded vape product's hardware is made in a GNP and ISO certified factory.
- WKND! branded vape products are third-party lab-tested on a regular basis and passed analysis for the heavy metals screen, which is standard protocol and includes testing for cadmium, arsenic, lead and mercury; and
- WKND! branded vape products meet and exceed California requirements, which represent the highest standards for heavy metal testing in the industry.
"As it relates to consumer safety across our WKND! branded products, including vape cartridges, the Company is wholly committed to providing customers with safe, reliable and consistent experiences," added Backus.
Second US state in as many months
Last week, the company announced it was launching its lifestyle-themed brand of cannabis products in Oklahoma, the second US state for the company in as many months, after its recent launch in Washington State.
"Oklahoma is a thriving market with tremendous margins and we assessed it as the ideal next step to grow both revenues and our offerings with the addition of edibles as a key component within the company’s branded products portfolio,” Backus had said in a statement.
"The company is taking a long-term approach to sustainable market growth, building brand affinity in multiple markets and growing state by state through the establishment of rock-solid brand alliances like the one we have structured with Ruby Mae’s in Oklahoma."
Shares shot up 16.7% in Toronto to C$0.070.
Contact the author at [email protected]