The 3,370-hectare asset lies in the prolific Abitibi greenstone belt and hosts three high-grade gold deposits called Fernland, Cheminis and Bear, which the firm believes are all connected.
The company's work last year and this have seen it accomplish much. In its first drill program, the group established a 2.5 kilometer (km) strike length of gold mineralization, connecting the Bear and Cheminis deposits, within a larger 4.5 km trend. It also discovered two new gold mineralization trends at the Kir Vit prospect, where mineralization was hit in 13 out of 16 holes.
"Our first round of drilling at Larder was a great success and we have multiple targets lined up for the new program," said Nathan Tribble, vice-president of exploration at Gatling, in a statement.
"Thanks to our extensive fieldwork and historical databank, we are excited about the growth prospects at our existing deposits, as well as at our new Kir Vit prospect."
The 2020 program at the Fernland, Cheminis and Bear deposits will comprise:
- Phase I - 4,000m of deposit connection drilling to finish testing the continuity of mineralization between Fernland and Chemins to establish a 4.5 km strike
- Phase II - 4,000m of western extension drilling to test the western extent of mineralization at Fernland towards the Omega deposit where more than 500 meters of favourable geology remains untested, potentially increasing the mineralized strike at Larder to 5 km
- Phase III - 2,000m of near surface and depth drilling to test targets that displayed widespread near surface mineralization in 2019 and depth extensions at Fernland, Cheminis and Bear.
At Kir Vit, the 2020 program includes:
- Phase I - field work to conduct outcrop stripping, detailed structural mapping and channel sampling at multiple locations along both mineralized trends and new structural targets.
- Phase II - 3,000m of follow up drilling after successful results from 2019 drilling and test additional targets identified in Kir Vit Phase I.
Elsewhere, Gatling said it will carry out regional mapping and sampling to follow up on historical surface samples, showings and new structural trends from the recently completed Lidar survey.
Shares advanced amost 6% in Toronto toC$0.36 each.
---Updates for share price----
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org