leadf
logo-loader
viewTrillion Energy International Inc.

Trillion Energy poised to hunt deeper for gas in the Black Sea after TPAO's Tuna-1 discovery

The discovery, named the Tuna-1 field, was made by the Turkish national petroleum company (TPAO)

Trillion Energy International Inc. -
Currently, almost all Turkish gas blocks in the Black Sea are solely owned by TPAO, except the SASB gas field which is 49% by Trillion Energy, with TPAO owning the remaining 51%

Trillion Energy International Inc (CSE:TCF) (OTCMKTS:TCFF) said the recent discovery of the largest potential natural gas discovery in the Black Sea near to its own SASB gas field augurs well for the oiler's own asset.

The discovery named the Tuna-1 field, which was formally announced on August 21, was made in the western portion of the Black Sea by the Turkish national petroleum company (TPAO), Trillion's partner in the SSAB field

READ: Trillion Energy hails potential upside value of its SASB gas field off the coast of Turkey

The Tuna-1 well, which lies around 100 kilometres south of SASB, encountered 100 metres of pay at a total depth of 3,520 meters and Turkish officials estimated 9 trillion cubic feet (TCF) of gas based on the current drilling, noted Trillion.

"In light of the recent discovery by our partner TPAO and their proof of massive volumes of natural gas generation from source rocks in the Western Black Sea sedimentary basin the same basin SASB is contained within, we plan to evaluate the geological trends in deeper zones of SASB to identify prospects to drill and test for gas," Trillion CEO, Dr Art Halleran said in a statement.

"Seismic has already identified anomalies warranting further assessment where we plan on developing a geological model for potential undiscovered deep gas. Our license rights extend deeper into the SASB Field than what we have ever drilled to date."

Turkish officials believe the Tuna-1 discovery is a portion of a giant gas field and they will continue to drill to delineate its full extent, said Trillion, adding that certain media reports have cited an expected 26 trillion cubic feet (TCF) or 800 billion cubic metres of gas.

Currently, almost all Turkish gas blocks in the Black Sea are solely owned by TPAO, except the SASB gas field which is  49% by Trillion Energy, with TPAO owning the remaining 51%.

Historically, US$608 million has been invested to date for the development of the SASB fields, where gas was discovered at about 1,200 metres depth over a decade ago.

SASB has currently produced over 41 BCF of natural gas to date.

Contact the author at giles@proactiveinvestors.com

Quick facts: Trillion Energy International Inc.

Price: 0.115 CAD

CSE:TCF
Market: CSE
Market Cap: $6.47 m
Follow

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

In exchange for publishing services rendered by the Company on behalf of Trillion Energy International Inc. named herein, including the promotion by the Company of Trillion Energy International Inc. in any Content on...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Trillion Energy seeing oil prices stabilize as their Cendere Oil Field moves...

Trillion Energy (CSE: TCF- OTC: TCFF) CEO Dr Arthur Halleran joined Steve Darling from Proactive with news the company is now seeing oil prices starting to stabilize around the world during the pandemic and that has led to better economic conditions for their Cendere Oil Field. Halleran tells...

on 23/6/20

2 min read