Two Princess Cruises leaving in early 2021, a ’world cruise’ sailing from North America and a South American cruise leaving from Australia, will not now go ahead.
The FTSE 250-listed group blamed “restrictions and limitations with border and port access determined by government and health authorities and the continued uncertainty of airline travel”.
Earlier this month, Carnival’s P&O arm extended its pause on sailings by an extra month until November 12, based on the Foreign & Commonwealth Office guidance, joining the moratorium on all its Alaska, Canada, New England, Europe cruises from North America for the rest of 2020, all cruises in an out of Australia until mid-December.
Customers booked on these cancelled voyages are being offered either a refundable ‘bonus credit’ for a future cruise with an extra 25% voucher or, until September 30, 2020, can request a full refund.
“We share in the disappointment of this cancellation for guests of our world cruises because it’s a pinnacle cruise vacation Cruises president,” said Princess Cruises president Jan Swartz in a statement.
Travel agent commissions on bookings for cancelled cruises are protected and paid in full, the group said.