Phunware Inc (NASDAQ:PHUN) announced Thursday the launch of an enhanced mobile application framework for its Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) customers worldwide, allowing each to take a modular approach to building their mobile application portfolios.
The Austin, Texas-based company said these platform additions to its patented mobile application framework and cloud infrastructure will give customers access to many of the features and capabilities of Phunware’s broader MaaS platform, while also ensuring that all components of their mobile application portfolios will automatically receive dynamic, real-time updates and upgrades as they become available.
This friction-free, modular approach and framework will also make it far easier for the company’s channel partners to sell, deploy and manage MaaS offerings and packages to their customers and organizations worldwide through Phunware’s Global Reseller Network and Phenom Certification Program.
READ: Phunware launches enhanced mobile loyalty and engagement features for its Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) customers worldwide
“Without access to a platform like MaaS, mobile development is an error-prone task that often produces applications that are both difficult and expensive to maintain,” said Luan Dang, CTO and co-founder of Phunware, in a statement.
“Just like Amazon Web Services (AWS) enables companies to standardize their cloud infrastructure on a proven platform with various modules to support key features, we are upgrading our mobile application framework to ensure that our Fortune 500 customers and partners can standardize their mobile and digital transformation strategies on MaaS by seamlessly integrating modules that serve as the core building blocks for a brand new generation of mobile applications, solutions and engagement.”
Key features of the company’s modular mobile application framework include, but are not limited to:
- Industry-optimized mobile solutions that come pre-packaged and support off-the-shelf deployments;
- Modules that come with their own unique code repositories;
- Highly configurable modules that each customer can license while still having the flexibility to customize the features, layout, branding, fonts and colors of their application user environments;
- Modules that can be built once, but reused across all of Phunware’s solutions, resulting in greater efficiencies and enabling the deployment of more features and integrations to all Phunware customers in less time;
- Feature additions to one or more modules where modifications are made in only one instance, but enabled across all solutions that use the module or modules to then automatically pull in new updates, upgrades and integrations as created;
- Modules that support exciting new features, including configurable forms, message inbox, multi-language support, contact tracing, and more; and
- Modules are not limited to specific industry solutions and can be leveraged by custom mobile applications built on the MaaS platform, as well as the company’s lightweight Rapid Application Programming Interface for Devices solutions, which will further accelerate development timelines.
Contact the author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow him on Twitter @PatrickMGraham